Monday, February 11, 2008

Do you believe in Fate?

I would not normally say I believe in fate. I believe in natural selection, karma and everything happens for a reason, but fate not so much. So today Mark had to go to court for a traffic ticket. It was one of those random Alabama things were you drive on a road that does not have a sign up and a cop pulls you over and says road is closed and tickets you. Then you have to appear in court on a certain date to find out your fine. God Bless Alabama!!! Bleh! So anyway, Mark is on his way to court today and calls me freaking out, the interstate traffic is stopped. He can't get off of it from where he is stopped and it’s totally blocked both ways. It turns out a semi has burned to the ground; he is worried that they will put a warrant out for his arrest for not showing up at court. Not sure if this really happens but we are law abiding folks so we really don't know. So finally he gets free of the traffic jam and shows up in court, pays his fine, before they stick in the pokey and makes his way to work. So then I get another call from him asking me if I believe in fate. I am thinking did he accidently inhale some crack rock being smoked while he was downtown? So he proceeds to tell me that while he is stuck in traffic the chemical plant that he works at had a chemical irritant leak. He could have been killed, he could have been sick from inhaling this toxic gas; there is no telling what could have happened. I have learned to live with the fact that my husband has a dangerous job and its best if I don't know what goes on at work. Generally he doesn't tell me things at my request, call us a don't ask and don't tell sort of family, but since it’s all over the news he figured he better clue me in on this one before someone else did. So I guess my answer is yes I do believe in fate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO glad to hear it all worked out!!
There's a lot my DH doesn't tell me either...he feels it's best that way. I daresay he's right. ;)