Sunday, November 4, 2007

Oh the germs!

We have been sickly. Everyone in my house has had a cold or unfortunate anal leakage. Ryan and I both had fevers and really bad colds. It sucks. I feel like there is water in my ears all the time. That said I have not had my head in water in a long time. So we survived another Halloween barely. As our tradition Ryan was sick for Halloween. He managed to make it down the street before sitting down to rest and asked to go home. He was running a fever but as long as he felt like walking we were going. I hate to see him sick every year. He gets so excited to get his costume and then BAM! The sickness. There is always next year. Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, praying to the well child goddess! Yesterday was just a normal day here in sick land. We stayed at home, didnt get dressed and went through 5 boxes of tissues. Its horrible how many trees we kill around here. While we were making dinner Taylor got in trouble so I send her friend home. Well she comes running back up to the door saying there is ambulances and firetrucks outside. I was like hmm I was only grilling steaks, you should see the flames when we make hamburgers. So of course being the nosy asses that we are we mosey on out to see whats up. Really we all ran outside like it was a tornado and we were going to be on the news telling what we saw. Coming soon to a trailer park near you! So anyway down the road we see the ambulance and the fire truck. It was at the house of a girl who was in Kyles class last year. Now granted there is no love lost between this child and my children, I felt really bad for whatever was going on. So as the kids are out side debating on what happened to who, out comes the stretcher with the little girl on it, her Mom running out behind them. I cant began to describe how I felt. Use your imagination. You see stuff every day, car wrecks whatever. But when you see something bad happen to a child the same age as yours it really upsets you. You always thing it wont happen to me. Well it does sometimes, and that scares the shit out of me. I considered going over and asking if everything was ok, but really its just being nosey. They would know that I only wanted to see what was going on, and that is just rude. Ruder than I will be.

1 comment:

Manda said...

OMG Who was it? What happened? Why do I not know this? Dangit!