Friday, October 19, 2007

Excitement, Disappointment, and Growing

Last night was the Belly Dance Superstars show. I was so excited to see Rachel Brice dance. She is my favorite dancer. I was just in awe. I could not believe I was that close to her. I am like a crazed groupie! You just don't know. I would have her children! She is so amazing! The show was really great and I had the best seats, third row front and center. One of the things I like best about this dance troupe is that after each show they come out front and meet their fans and take pics, and sign photos. So there I sat after the show,waiting. My camera was on. My hair was fixed. I was trying not to hyperventilate before she even got out front. I was super stoked to see there wasn't many people waiting. Last year it was a mad house of people. I scoffed at the idiots who obviously didn't know whats up and had left already. So there I stood waiting, and waiting and what the fuck are they doing? Finally I over hear the dreaded words. They aren't coming out? Excuse me? THEY AREN'T COMING OUT!!!! I flipped my lid. I was so close to meeting her, and having a picture to prove it. OMG!!!!!! The rage! Hmm who's the idiot now? Not the ones who already left before it started raining. So as I trek back to my truck in the rain, straightened hair frizzing in the humidity and wetness, I didn't cry. I was fucking pissed. I stomped my ass all the way to the parking lot. Impressive by the way stomping in heels in the rain. I was just so disappointed. I felt like it was personal. I know they have fans, I know they are just doing a job. I know I am obsessed. I just wanted a moment, I just wanted to take a pic, say I met her. I am not a psycho crazed fan, I am a groupie, there is a distinction. Dammit! But I am starting to understand why someone becomes one. So once again another year has gone by and I have not met Rachel Brice. In other news I had to go the uniform shop today. That's right we made it one whole quarter before my children outgrew school uniforms. I wanted to buy the next size up but they were sold out of Taylors and Kyle is in the biggest size before he goes to mens. So I made Zogby's power bill for the month. Bleh! Does anyone know how long it takes a taper candle to burn? Well its been burning for over 2 hours and its not done yet. I get to burn 24 of these bad mama gammas 2 at a time. Gotta love science projects. Yeah fun stuff! So that pretty much sums up my weekend, burn candles, clean, try not to duct tape children's mouths. There is only so much you can listen to while trapped in a house with 3 kids all weekend. Well I am outta here, peace and chicken grease!

1 comment:

Manda said...

You stole my saying! {Piece and chicken grease} :P Sorry you didn't get to meet her. Bummer.