Saturday, June 28, 2008

Seasonal Depression

I have heard that people get depressed in the Winter. Well I think here in the South we get depressed in the summer. Its hot as hell and you can't do anything outside that doesn't involve sitting in water. Your kids are home and driving you nuts. Your power bill is $300 from the A/C running nonstop. There is kool aid and popsicles melting and sticking to everything you touch. Your car is like a oven every time you get in it. You get a sunburn every time you walk outside to check the mail. It used to not effect me as much. I don't know if its because I have less tolerance for it or if because the economy and gas prices have made it to hard to really do anything so you are stuck at home for the most part. I know there is a Alan Jackson song called the Summertime Blues and I think the man was on to something. Its a miserable, hot, depressing summer.

1 comment:

Heather said...

A. fricking. men.

I live for the weekend of the 12th.