Sunday, June 1, 2008

A little overwhelmed

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with parenting lately. The mysterious 12 year old boy has pretty much beaten me down. I have no clue what to do with this child. He doesn't listen, like literally does not listen, he does not hear a thing I say. He defies me. He is lazy. I could go on for days. I just no longer trust him any further than I can throw him and guess what? He is taller than me and over a hundred pounds, I ain't throwing him no where! Then we have the daughter. Oh yes the innocent 11 year old. Wait did I say innocent? Well not for long. She asked me the other night when did I get my first kiss, and then proceeded to go into a rampage about how everyone has a boyfriend but her and she hasn't had her first kiss and she wants to know what it feels like. Do what? Has she lost her mind? I swear no one tells you this kind of stuff will happen when you leave the hospital with that sweet little baby. I am about ready to jump ship and let Mark deal with this mess. A dear friend once said to me as soon as my child is 11 I am leaving for Costa Rica. I don't want nothing to do with kids that age. Why didn't I listen to her? Her son is now 13 and she is still around, but I bet if I called her up and said I got plane tickets she would beat me to the airport. The bright side to this whole thing is that Ryan is only 5. I still have a few years to go before I get to do this all over again. I am leaving for the beach for a week so I wont be posting this week, not that I ever manage to keep it up anyway. I will be too busy trying to keep Taylor's lips to her self and Ryan from drowning. That child has never seen a body of water he would not jump into rather he can swim or not.

No comments: