Thursday, November 13, 2008

The move from hell

Where here it is the post I promised. The move from hell. Lets start with the months we waited to find out if we were going to be moving or not. Then we find out we are moving and then we don't know when. Then we have to deal with selling a house in this market. Then the big day arrives. Our moving day. My husband is supposed to be off work to help with the move but when does anything ever go as planned? So he ends up making it just in time to help me load the animals and the kids and off we go. Did I mention he is not feeling well? So we arrive at our new place and the first day were here I was awed by the beauty of my new surroundings. I have never seen leaves change colors. Its beautiful. Everywhere you look is a different color tree, red, yellow, orange, its just amazing. I find my way to the store with no major mishaps and the children and I commence to cleaning. The next day our stuff arrived and we started living in box land. We are still living in box land, let me explain before you think I am lazy. My husband ends up sick and going to the emergency room, he has a abscess on his tonsils that was swelling his throat shut. After two different emergency room visits we are finally back home. The next day we actually got some unpacking done. But that afternoon all I wanted to was sleep. That feeling you get when you are first pregnant and all you can do is sleep. Yeah that feeling. But no I am not expecting. I ended up with the flu and some kind of throat infection. I literally wanted to die. For some reason I just don't think Mississippi likes us very much. It hasn't been very good to us so far. Hopefully one day I can unpack and settle in. As of right now I haven't ate in 3 days and all I have the energy for is to sit here and whine about how much life sucks. If you are still reading this you must really like me and thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's not Mississippi that doesn't like you, it's moving.

Moving sucks the every living life out of you and stresses you out, making your immune system vulnerable to illness. For realz.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ugh girl...

Sounds like sickness abounds in the new residence.

Hopefully ya'll will get to feeling better soon.

And Mississippi?? Yuck...