Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween


Picture this if you will. A home in the suburbs on Halloween night, the anticipation is on overload. Now fill it with 10 kids and let the chaos began. As groups of children are running around home my I am trying to get my kids in their costumes. I spent about 15 minutes on Taylor's hair trying to tease some volume into it. I get it all fixed and this is a chore, her hair is stick straight. I grabbed the hairspray. I went all out and got black, purple and purple glitter hairsprays to match her costume. I tell her to cover her face and I spray. I spray silly string. I grabbed the wrong damn can. Now she is screaming and manages to get it from me while I am laughing hysterically, people are running into my bedroom trying to see whats going on and the silly string war is on. There was purple silly string all over my house and I had to redo her hair. I should also mention how bad silly string tastes when sprayed directly into your mouth while you are laughing like a loon. Finally we got it under control and our trick or treating commenced. I am still finding random patches of silly string but I am not worried I leave here in three days and it the new owners can just guess as to what kind of craziness went on in this house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...too funny.

Moments like those are priceless, no matter the mess.