Monday, March 24, 2008

The bad kid

We have a week every school year called teacher appreciation week. Every day you bring the teacher a different thing and a parent volunteers to take the class to lunch so the teacher can have duty free lunch. Today was my day to take the class to lunch. A 4th grade class. Peace of cake right? WRONG! A boy looked me in my eyes and told me he didn't have to listen to me, then he sat down and called me a bitch. Another child would not stop talking about strippers. Almost every boy in this class was acting out and being horrible. It was insane. There are 19 boys in this class. I don't think boys are bad, I just think they put every bad kid together and stuck them in this class. These kids were so bad. I was shocked at how they acted. I used to think Taylor was exaggerating when she told me how good the girls were and how bad the boys were. I thought she was just bragging on her self and her fellow girls. I wonder how much more she would learn in class if the teacher didn't have to deal with keeping these boys in line all day long? I know that it was my choice to put them in public school, ok well not really, hubby refused homeschooling and we cant afford private school times three. But really did I make a mistake? Will my youngest son go apeshit crazy in a few years and become one of these bad boys? Is it a full moon?

No comments: