Sunday, August 12, 2007

Letting things go

It has came to my attention that I haven't updated since May. Well lets just say I was letting things go. I just wasn't in the mood to share my life with anyone. I have been super busy all summer and hardly on the computer. Gasp! I know! Not the norm for me. I also just think the whole blogging thing was a cute way to let my family know what was going on. Then I was like screw it its just trendy and I can call them. Then I was going to go back to blogging on myspace and lo and behold I got bitched at by my mil who was like you need to blog! LOL So here I am back blogging. Hope you are happy Martha! LOL My blog isn't the only thing I have let go. The size of my ass, the ocd about my house being clean have also went to the wayside. The size of my ass I am working on. I think the house thing is a good thing. Its one thing to be clean, its another to be fucking obsessed. Let's face it I was obsessed. I am now bordering the fence between clean and messy and I like it this way. Once you get over the thought that there might be a hair on the bathroom floor or a sticky spot on the kitchen counter, likely occurrence in a house with 3 kids, well it just becomes easier to let things go a little. My house is not dirty or nasty by no means but I had to quit being so obsessed about my house. I would clean it like the president was coming if a girlfriend was coming over. Umm what the hell is up with that? If someone is your friend they dont care if you have toothpaste on your counter. I think it just stems from having ocd and always priding my self on having a clean house. Also with my friends back home I was always the neat freak, I always had the clean house. I liked that title and wanted to carry it with me to Mobile. Now a year later I look back and thing hmm no one really gave a shit how clean my house was and people either like you or they don't. Not sure who I was trying to impress with the clean house thing. Maybe it was because it was my first brand new house. I am very proud of our house and I like it to look nice. But anyway I am getting better about the house thing. I even leave dishes in the sink all night. I know its a big fly lady no no but I really dont think I want house cleaning rules anyway. On to other news we had a break in the heat today it got all cloudy and dropped down to the 80's! Can you imagine? I thought I was going to need a jacket. I will be glad when it cools off and stays cool. I would love to open my windows and air out the house. Look at my lower power bill with glee. Go to the flea market with out having a heat stroke. I love the fresh veggies and fruits there but omg its so hot. Mark and I have been talking about moving. I don't have a reason to stay in Mobile. I like it here. But there is nothing holding me back. Just my fear of not liking a new place and my overwhelming need to stay in one place. My childhood was one move after another. I was always packing up and moving somewhere with my mom and as a adult I hate moving. It greatly upsets me. I have this need to be settled and stay somewhere. I don't want my crazy issues to hold me back from things in life, but I also don't want to make the wrong decision. Everything in life is a gamble but I just hate to lose. Well I guess thats enough of my rambling for one post.

No comments: