Monday, August 13, 2007

The food issue

There seems to be a issue with food in our house. We can't seem to keep any in it. My kids eat like there is no tomorrow. They are perfectly healthy. They don't have worms, smoke pot, or any other reason I can think of that they would eat like this. I know they are growing children. But omg!! I went grocery shopping twice today! Once to Target to get the essentials, and then again to Winn Dixie this afternoon to get meat and ended up getting another buggy full of food. I just don't see where they put it all. Everyone told me how much teens eat. Well none of them are even teens yet and I am scared! Kyle and his best friend, aka my 4th child, can wolf down a x-large pizza in one sitting. They inhale it, grab cheesey bread and look around for more. I recently took them out to dinner and then bowling, within a hour of being at the bowling alley I had bought 4 pizzas, 2 pitchers of soda and some nachos. This was after we hit the KFC buffet. Now granted I had 6 total children with me, but still. I think its a little excessive. Maybe I am jealous because I am always watching every bite that goes in my mouth while they inhale everything in site and stay skinny. Or perhaps I am just smarting in the pocketbook. Either way I just feel the need to let people know just how much my children eat. I do have witnesses by the way. Ask one of their grandparents or friends moms. My children are known eaters!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids are 6 and 4 and eat like pigs!

One Tired Mom said...

How in the world do you afford that!?!?!? I would be broke if my household ate that much. lol which would be a feet with only 2 of us! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have kids but my nieces won't eat a thing! Be very grateful.

Jia

www.newlywives.blogspot.com
www.semiholistichousewife.blogspot.com
www.fleetingglimpseofeternity.blogspot.com